yoga with sommer
Join Sommer for her Hatha Yoga and Gentle/Chair Yoga classes. Combined with essential oils and meditation, Yoga with Sommer is a great combination of relaxation and exercise.
Hatha Yoga: tuesdays @ 9:00AM
gentle/chair yoga: tuesdays @ 1:00pm
hatha yoga: wednesdays @ 6:15AM, 10:30 am
Yoga, pilates and spirituality combine to make this the perfect class for your body, spirit and mind!
Thursdays @ 9:30AM
$84 CLASS CARD: 12 classes at $7 each
(Must use within 90 days of purchase)
$10 drop in rate
But I'm new to yoga. How can it help me?
- Strengthens and balances body: nervous system, muscles, joints, lungs, glands, immune system.
- Helps the mind increase mental clarity, giving you a deeper inner calm and balance.
- Increases your ability to handle stress.
- Positive self-awareness and more balanced emotions.
- Wear comfortable, stretchy clothing
- Come to class on an empty stomach. (Eat 1-2 hours before.) A small snack of fruit or handful of nuts is fine before class.
- Drink water before and after class to hydrate and move toxins out of the body.
- Don't be afraid...just come and try it!
- Bring a friend if you're feeling really anxious about a class.
OUR YOGA PHILOSOPHY
Yoga is an ancient science that has been practiced over the years. It was the first form of preventative physical therapy. Yoga blends different aspects into a practice: breathing, postures, meditations, and relaxation. It intertwines the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of our being.
The postures start out easy and simple. Most people can do the majority of the beginner poses on their first day of class. Many of the exercises consist of gentle movements that coordinate with the breath, also called "mindful movement." These movements stretch the body gradually and smoothly to add circulation and oxygen flow throughout the body.
All classes end with a deep relaxation, sometimes using sound vibrations for healing. Yoga is a powerful tool towards healing and expanding self-awareness. The main purpose of yoga here at MTDC is inner peace.